IT Systems Administrator
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The IT Systems Administrator will perform a variety of technology tasks. The position requires 3 years’ experience configuring, maintaining, and administering corporate IT systems in large multisite environment (600 plus users).
Responsibilities will include the selection, installation, configuration, system management of corporate IT systems. Systems include but not limited to JumpCloud/Okta, Active Directory/Atlassian/Confluence, Slack, Ring Central/InContact, O365, Google Apps, Mimecast and other corporate systems.
What You'll Do:
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots CG corporate business systems.
- Ability to administer JumpCloud/Okta, Active Directory, Slack, O365, Mimecast, Atlassian, Google Apps
- Hands On Systems Administration of Windows OS/Linux/Apple OS.
- Provides level 2 hardware and software technical assistance to staff as needed.
- Assists with the planning, design, research, and acquisition of new or upgraded software systems
- Maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary
- Background in the participation of meeting SOX requirements current and on an ongoing basis.
- Testing backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Documenting the use of the corporate business systems in use @ CG.
Who You Are:
- 3 year’s experience supporting a multisite corporation.
- Experience as the primary support for corporate wide systems such as Okta, JumpCloud, Windows AD, Slack, O365, Mimecast, Atlassian, Google Apps.
- Automation of on-boarding and off-boarding utilizing scripting tools as required.
- Must provide examples of completed company wide application initiatives and the process used to complete the tasks involved.
- Experience working in a SOX environment strongly preferred.
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies.
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution.
- Precision in your work and attention to all details.
- Genuine interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.