IT Support Specialist
This is your opportunity to work directly alongside industry veterans, and learn all you ever wanted to know about IT, Unified Communications, Software-as-a-Service, Business Intelligence, and what goes into creating a world-class service provider environment. In this position, you will provide day-to-day technical support to employees which will enable you to have a deep understanding of our network infrastructure and internal desktop systems, both software and hardware. You will install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment. You will also maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicating highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel will be required in this role, as well as you may be asked for recommendations for new hardware and software solutions. New solutions may include acquisitions and upgrades. In addition, you will also participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects as well as conduct training programs designed to educate computer users about basic and specialized applications. In this role you will be responsible for local help desk and remote user support for company-hosted and cloud-based services as well as interfacing with service providers, vendors, and outsourced consultants. This is a fantastic opportunity to spread your wings and do a lot for a company that is growing tremendously in two hot industries, both Cloud and UC! Do you want to be with a leading company in a growing trend that has no boundaries?
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following, but not limited to…
- Configuring, installing, and supporting laptops, printers, monitors, and other general peripherals
- Configuring IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Supporting desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management.
- Provisioning IT resources for new hires, including the setup and breakdown of workstations
- Tracking and updating the movement of all IT assets within the asset tracking system.
- Responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and remotely
- Diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues via the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Advising users on appropriate action and clearly setting expectations
- Logging all help desk interactions and escalating situations requiring urgent attention to IT Management
- Documenting resolutions within help desk knowledge base
- Following established IT policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required in related discipline.
- 2 years experience supporting wide variety of computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and MAC OS, Office 2013/2016, Google Apps, antivirus software Android and iOS.
- Knowledge of helpdesk ticketing systems and asset management.
- Experience with Active Directory and network connectivity.
- Exceptional customer service skills and able to work well with all levels of the organization
- Must be self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- VOIP experience is an asset.
- Scripting experience is an asset.