At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
As an IT Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to improve and optimize our office technology. In this role, you will work closely with employees from a diverse set of backgrounds from all departments within the company, both technical and non-technical. You have a strong sense of urgency and can communicate well. Does this sound like a fit? We can’t wait to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Act as the primary point of contact for end-user hardware, software and systems access support
- Manage equipment setup and deployment for all employees
- Configure corporate services, user permissions and accounts
- Oversee the daily performance of audio-video conference technology and tools
- Define, implement and automate new internal IT processes
- Collaborate to improve IT processes and ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained for all job-related tasks
- Participate in deployment of new IT solutions such as identity and access management, as well as mobile device management
- Identify technology/process gaps, define solutions and implement them
- Deliver information technology at scale during a time of rapid growth
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A keen sense of ownership, is detail oriented, motivated and organized
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes with curiosity for new technologies
- Experience with operating, managing and integrating SaaS applications (G Suite, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Mac and Windows systems in a work environment
- Basic networking troubleshooting skills
- An appetite for automation and is fluent in at least one scripting language (bash, Python or PowerShell)
- An ability to work independently and collaborates well
- Humility and passion to improve every day
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!