IT Specialist at PathAI
Machine learning is eating the world. At PathAI, we're applying it in amazing ways to pathology and healthcare to ultimately help improve people’s lives, one diagnosis at a time. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative.
For us, it's still early days – a fast-growing, in-demand business and team, and the need to scale our Information Technology team that helps keep us quick and nimble while scaling our IT infrastructure to support our mission. At PathAI, we view IT as an enabler of our business and have invested significantly to build and grow the team with great support from the leadership team.
We’re looking for an entry-level IT Specialist who is eager to learn and is excited about technology. We believe in using the best tool for the job and, while we’re always looking to improve, tools currently used in this role include:
- Jamf MDM
- Google Apps
If you’re jumping at the idea of rolling up your sleeves and chipping in as needed in a dynamic startup environment where you’ll gain exposure to various aspects of technology, then you might be the right candidate:
- Provide excellent in-person and remote customer service to everyone at PathAI, and track your work in a ticketing system.
- Help solve intriguing technical puzzles while providing excellent customer service in person and remotely.
- Manage the queue of technical support requests to ensure a timely response and satisfactory resolution of all requests.
- Set up and deploy computers and other desktop technology to employees and new hires.
- Help organize and build processes to make the technology department more efficient and better able to support the organization.
- Support the employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Assist with technology projects and other tasks, as needed.
The work will be equal parts challenging and fulfilling. It’s a great opportunity to learn about various aspects of technology in a supportive environment with the mentorship of the Director of Technology.
In order to get the most out of this role and be a successful IT Specialist, you’ll need a healthy dose of soft skills to mix in with your technology chops:
- Your communication is top notch, because you’re not shy to speak up when needed, and you write succinctly, always proofreading.
- At least six months to a year of combined training and experience supporting technology so we’re not starting with a completely blank slate.
- Reliable and responsible. You pay attention to details and deadlines, and you follow through on commitments and goals; when plans change, you make necessary arrangements to ensure the work gets done.
- Be a sponge. Soak up as much knowledge as possible and run with it using all the resources at your disposal to find innovative and effective solutions to challenges.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized child care per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.