IT Service Desk, Team Lead at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Team Lead is the key position that helps keep the Service Desk team running, as well as tackling technical problems and driving resolutions.
This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels across the organization. The Service Desk Team Lead will report to the Manager of the Service Desk in the Grubhub headquarters in Chicago.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Directly manage Service Desk Associates - direct the team's work and hold accountable for tasks.
- Monitor team metrics and address any bottlenecks/issues with ticket resolution.
- Focus on Service Level Agreements and ensuring the team is meeting commitments.
- Assist with mentoring and coaching for the team - build skills and train team members.
- Act as an escalation point and expert for the team.
- Manage team on-call schedule, staffing hours in the Boston office and triage rotation.
- Work with the business to identify gaps or problems with existing processes.
- Manage Audio/Video events and conference room equipment for your office -- as well as any offices you support.
- Act as quality control for the team -- addressing team ticket quality, responsiveness, thoroughness, ticket hygiene, etc.
- Able to perform all the hands-on tasks that we ask of the Service Desk technicians.
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
- Diagnose and fix employee related problems related to hardware or software or systems access
- Maintain inventory levels of equipment and proactively manage software licenses
- Assist the team as a whole in improving processes and documenting policies
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Experience mentoring and coaching technicians
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS and mobile devices
- Current working knowledge of Active Directory in a multi-domain a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a large project team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
- Knows how to use Mac’s so well that you could probably work at the Apple Store
- Doesn’t shy away from talking to humans face to face. Yes. Humans.
- Can manage and stay within a budget
- Has experience working with Okta, Jamf, JIRA and Unifi/EdgeMax Networking gear
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.