IT Operations Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As Manager of IT Operations you’ll build and manage a team of highly skilled technologists, working to scale and improve Toast’s internal-facing tools and infrastructure. You’ll interface with business stakeholders and partners to craft solutions that allow Toast to deliver best-in-class employee experiences.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Plan, schedule, and manage projects across the portfolio of services that the systems team supports
- Manage a team of several IT Systems Administrators spread across several functional domains including Identity and Access Management, Endpoint Management, Collaboration Tools, and ITSM (ServiceNow)
- Place orders for equipment and software as needed by the internal user base we support
- Build and maintain workflows, processes, and standard operating procedures
- Understand the systems and processes owned by the systems team and communicate with internal and external stakeholders in order to support their use and upkeep
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven success managing teams of IT professionals in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Experience scaling and supporting an IT Organization through hyper-growth
- Experience building and maintaining scalable IT-business processes
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of:
- Enterprise SaaS systems including: Okta, GSuite/Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, ServiceNow
- Endpoint Management tools and processes including MDM platforms (Jamf, Airwatch, KACE) and system imaging.
- Computer network management, Cisco Meraki experience highly preferred
- Agile/scrum practices preferred
- ITIL practices and IT Security principles preferred
- Familiarity with hosting applications on AWS EC2
- Experience communicating with, managing, and selecting vendors and contractors
*Bread puns encouraged but not required