Integrity Risk Specialist at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus, the world’s largest car search platform, is looking for an Integrity Risk Specialist to join our team. Data and content integrity are critical to the growth of CarGurus expanding global business. This role will be integral in ensuring the consistency of the data and content on the CarGurus platform. You will work closely within Data Integrity and across the organization to help implement best practices and optimize efficiency for the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Investigate instances of integrity violations in dealer-submitted content through the use of internal tools, data queries, environmental scanning, fraud detection software, and online research
- Enforce Data Integrity policies for dealer-submitted content by following protocols, documenting and communicating findings with internal stakeholders
- Analyze patterns to determine the participants and sources of fraudulent dealer or inventory schemes
- Measure performance of internal detection methods, adapting processes to yield improved results
- Respond to user reports or integrity inquiries that come through internal support channels
- Leverage knowledge of existing fraud patterns and trends to develop proactive detection methods in conjunction with our engineering teams
- Work effectively with team members and internal stakeholders by communicating fraud trends and sharing ideas and knowledge in a constructive and positive manner
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in dispute resolution, e-commerce, fraud or risk investigations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly, take initiative and be accountable in as fast-paced, evolving team environment
- Possess strong analytic, problem resolution, online research, and communication skills
- Self-motivated in detecting new ways to secure our consumer-facing marketplace
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel. Experience with business intelligence software (such as Looker) and ability to write SQL queries a plus
- Basic understanding of digital forensics, financial fraud detection, or a background conducting investigations
- Self-starter who demonstrates flexibility, curiosity, and resourcefulness
- Willingness to contribute to other Data Integrity activities and projects as needed
- Knowledge of French or Spanish languages a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.