IBM MDM Standard Edition Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an IBM MDM Architect .This will be a remote role.
The IBM MDM Architect provides expertise to clients in Enterprise Information Management with an emphasis on master data management. Working closely with the Data Governance Architect and Integration/Data Quality Architect, the MDM architect is responsible for all facets of master data strategy and implementation to realize our clients data governance vision.
- Ability to define MDM strategy, solution architecture and implementation details to create an implementation plan
- Ability to explain MDM usage scenarios and value proposition from an MDM and industry specific perspective
- Ability to define and recommend MDM implementation styles and corresponding IBM MDM solution
- Ability to model data domains such as Party, Account, Contract, Product
- Strong experience in leading client information gathering workshops and eliciting requirements
- Ability to use requirements and MDM experience to develop business, logical and technical architectures, including data architecture, solution architecture, data models, data quality plans, data integration, API Management, SOA based modeling and infrastructure and deployment architectures
- Experience with MDM, data governance, and data quality best practices
- Ability to work with various technical teams and business users to provide development, QA and operational support
Because these roles interact directly with clients, strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Strong background implementing solutions for master data management, including experience in:
- Experience implementing different MDM styles (registry, consolidation, etc.)
- Experience in key MDM and related capabilities
- Data management (master, meta and reference data)
- Data transformation, cleansing and quality
- Data lifecycle management
- Hierarchy management and search
- Integration (direct and indirect, batch and real-time)
- User experience and workflow
- Data analytics and quality assessment (profiling)
- Experience with MDM algorithms (matching, merging, unification, etc.)
- Experience determining and setting match thresholds
- Experience with MDM Probabilistic Matching Engine (PME)
- Experience with MDM golden record survivorship rules
- Experience extending IBM MDM with custom capabilities
- Hands on experience implementing:
- Master Data Repositories
- Master Data Management Services
- Master Data Analysis and Discovery Services
- Enterprise Integration (Web services)
- Master Data Stewardship
- 7-10+ years of overall experience in IT with strong understanding of Master Data Management (MDM)
- 4+ years of experience in one or more MDM technologies
- 4+ years of experience in one or more related data governance and data quality technologies
- 4+ years of experience in related technologies and languages (Web Services, Java, XML, etc.)
- Experience in integrating business applications and MDM using batch processing, web services and message queues.
- Experience in Performance tuning of MDM platform, databases and applications preferred
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.