Grower Technical Support Specialist - Indigo Carbon at Indigo
Grower Technical Support Specialist - Indigo CarbonMission
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
The Grower Technical Support Specialist - Indigo Fields, provides light-touch technical support to internal and external technology customers and unlocks their user problems with the goal to solve the issue at first touch. Ensuring a consistent, high level of customer delight, the Customer Success Expert supports growers with submitting field boundaries and farm data into our system, provides first-level support for any issues with Indigo-owned hardware used such as iPads and field sensors, responds to work orders by making outbound calls to provide users with data collection support, and knows when to escalate specialized issues to colleagues. The ideal candidate for this role has an unparalleled commitment to delighting our customers (field staff and growers), is easy to do business with, gains trust by helping users reach their goals, and is “Customer Obsessed”. They are laser-focused on delivering an excellent customer experience with every interaction, closing the loop with customers on every interaction, and identifying issues for engineers/product to address.
- Passion for problem-solving and pattern-recognition capabilities. Ability to notice trends and identifying underlying problems across multiple issues.
- Possesses a strong desire to delight the customer with a great experience in problem resolution; able to demonstrate a high level of empathy in interactions with internal and external users, and other stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail; can see the big picture and the parts within the whole
- Proven experience with de-escalating heated customer situations by thinking clearly and acting calmly
- Operates with a level-headed sense of urgency
- Highly empathetic with a strong willingness to serve and a desire to be helpful
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and knowing when to escalate issues
- Tech-savvy, while proficient and patient in working with people with low technical abilities
- Excited to help build and give shape to a new team
- 2 - 5 years of experience with software customers and resolving their user experience challenges required, experience with agriculture software preferred
- Certification or degree in digital agronomy, crop sciences, technical systems management, IT, or related field preferred
- General ability to talk about and understand data required
- Experience working with CRM systems, such as Salesforce and Salesloft, required
- Working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems and Microsoft Office applications required
- Experience with agricultural software and/or farm management systems is a plus
- Practical familiarity with farm business and agronomy operations, farming background preferred
- Comfortability with collaboration tools (email, text, Slack, Confluence, Jira) to coordinate work across people and teams
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.