Front Desk Associate
Machine learning is eating the world. At PathAI, we're applying it in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative.
We're looking for a skilled and experienced office support associate to join our Operations team. If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
Front Desk Responsibilities (50%):
- Reception area/ Front Desk Coverage during general business hours (9am-5pm)
- Greet clients and visitors, accept deliveries, sort and distribute mail
- Serve as main point of contact for employees including meeting room logistics
- Assist in keeping shared spaces neat
- Manage catering for weekly all-team lunches, interviews, and internal meetings
- Perform general administrative tasks including mailings, emailing, scanning, filing, printing, preparing and sharing presentation materials
Executive Administrative Assistant Responsibilities (50%):
- Manage calendars and prioritize meetings and calls for leadership team
- Manage travel itineraries
- Assist in executive team expense reporting
- Assist in preparing internal and external corporate documents
- Support Operations Manager with additional duties as assigned
- Support recruiting processes, including coordinating and booking travel, providing lunch, and ensuring a smooth candidate experience
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful with us, you'll generally need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times, typically via two to five years of work in this field.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
Role-specific requirements for this role include:
- 2-5 years minimum proven experience in a similar support role
- Strong organization skills and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Able to multitask and effectively prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Must be available in-person, but also capable of working remotely and independently
- Able to adapt quickly to individual work styles and preferences
- Comfortable and professional when handling confidential information, maintaining discretion at all times
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
- In-depth understanding of entire Google and MS Office Suite
- Experience in a startup environment a plus
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.