Field Merchandising Manager
Browse the Aisles- The Manager of Field Merchandising is responsible to manage a relevant Fresh and Specialty assortment for an assigned market, as well as provide local support and quality assurance and troubleshoot just-in-time merchandising challenges at the distribution center level. Activities will include full category reviews of Fresh Departments (Produce, Deli, Meat, Seafood, Floral and others as assigned), local item and vendor set up, maintenance of cost and retails, development of local weekly ad promotions. This role will build a unique Fresh assortment developing partnerships with local vendors (specialty) and restaurants.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Identify and build partnerships with local vendors, farms and restaurants to enhance current offering of local specialty offerings and develop a process to replicate in other markets.
- Manage execution of quality (e.g. Vendor receipts (specs), facility handling) and overall shrink working closely with Operations and Central Replenishment on a daily basis.
- Assist in price negotiations with non-Ahold vendors.
- Develop processes working with Central Replenishment and Merchandising teams to ensure accurate forecasting and service levels (e.g. Out of Stocks) for Fresh.
- Manage reports week to week, finding opportunities to further improve in areas outlined above – this role is responsible for managing a budget and hitting targets.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but would consider non-degreed individuals if they have at least 10 plus years doing this work.
- HACCP and Food Sanitation Required Certifications (local)
- Food Safety Certification requirements
- Knowledge of RF systems, Inventory & Purchasing systems, MS Office
- At least 7 years of experience in Fresh Merchandising, Retail Operations, Purchasing and Inventory, with a particular focus on vendor partnerships.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong ability to lead with influence, and drive behavior of peers.
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.