MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019 and voted one of Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Boston!
o watch in 2019!
Our industry 4.0-ready solutions work out-of-the-box to increase productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, and deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients. We offer GREAT benefits and perks!
As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
You’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams. You love to travel and have easy access to an international airport.
You’ll have a significant opportunity in this position to rapidly gain experience and support the development of the Integration department. We welcome people with all industry backgrounds: automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical, heavy equipment to name a few. Are you ready to learn more?
How You’ll Make an Impact (typical integrations may take one week):
- You’ll travel onsite to the customer’s location, discussing plans and expectations for the integration, plant rules, etc.
- Review server installation and networking (setting up their server, IP addresses, and other network setups including some hardware)
- Connect machine control circuitry with data monitoring equipment, reference electrical schematics, solve circuit-related problems, and configure machines for communication
- Configure tablets and TV’s to display our dashboard
- Be a champion of our Core Values
What You'll Have:
- Electrical background
- Easy access to an international airport
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Basic IT and networking experience
- Familiarity with Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO) procedures for machines
- Some PLC programming experience
This position requires between two to three weeks a month of travel (approximately 60%) to various locations, sometimes with short notice.
You'll need a valid driver’s license, passport, ability to travel without restriction, reliable transportation, and be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.