At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The goal of the Business Operations team is to scale our offices, systems, and processes. There is a strong focus on operational planning. The business operations team blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
The Facilities Manager will join the rapidly growing Business Operations team to ensure success Markforged scales rapidly in 2019.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for facilities projects for existing and future Markforged office locations - scopes Markforged operational and physical space requirement needs as team grows, manages budgets, and ensures projects completed on time
- Oversees physical security infrastructure, access controls, and policies
- Manages relationships with property management, facilities vendors, contractors, and building engineers
- Troubleshoot and problem solve facilities related incidents, and manage landlord relationships
- Manage office management team across Markforged offices
- Own global EHS compliance and required reporting
- Run emergency / incident response planning for all facilities
What we look for:
- Experience in facilities and building management
- Raw smarts: business and practical common sense and intellect
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent project management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Can-do customer service approach
- Team player that works collaboratively with others
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in facilities management
- Start-up experience a plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description