Executive Assistant at edX
edX seeks an Executive Assistant (EA) to support the daily operations of our business development and strategic partnerships initiatives. Whomever fills this role will provide high level administrative support to two edX leaders and manage the needs of their customers. This hire will report directly into the Chief Commercial Officer & SVP of Strategic Partnerships, while also supporting our VP of Business Development.
Are you energetic, tenacious, and optimistic? Do you have a proven capacity to deal with ambiguity and “get stuff done” in a fast-moving environment? If so, we’d like to speak to you! Candidates with a capacity to work fluidly across the organization and oversee critical projects preferred. And, if you’re interested in developing a future career in account management, sales, or marketing, we encourage you to apply, too.
- Provide administrative support to two senior executives and manage the needs of their customers. For our executives, this includes scheduling meetings and conferences, processing expenses, and booking all travel. For edX customers, this includes booking appointments, providing promotional materials, and managing other hospitality-related details.
- Maintain a Salesforce database of partners and prospects, compile mailing lists, conduct due diligence, and enter all activity into the system. The EA will also create Salesforce reports and corresponding slide decks, which will be used as part of the weekly executive team meetings.
- Proofread important documents, including proposals, contracts, contact, expense, and call reports - with unparalleled discretion and attention to detail.
- Support event management-related initiatives, including--but not limited to--invitations, logistics, and high-touch participant communications.
- Act as a project manager as necessary, serving as “Central Command” for myriad cross-functional initiatives led by the business development and strategic partnerships team.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a similar administrative/executive assistant, coordinator, or project manager position
- Extreme attention to detail and experience producing high-quality work
- An ability to get stuff done in a high-volume, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple competing priorities and projects
- An “available and responsive” mindset to manage high-volume emails and phone calls
- Experience booking travel (international travel a plus) and a willingness to travel if/when needed (less than 10% of the time)
- Proficiency in the following suites/systems required: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps for Business, and Salesforce
- Concur experience is a plus!
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office on a full time basis. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.