Executive Assistant to the CEO at EverQuote
Are you an organizational guru? When given many tasks to juggle, do you get creative and execute, nailing the details while hitting deadlines? Do you hold yourself accountable to a high level of professionalism and have fun while doing it?
If this sounds like you, read on!
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates at the intersection of technology and insurance. We are the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make it easy, efficient and personal by saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO, Jayme Mendal, you’ll be responsible for making his days run smoothly and efficiently. You’ll be a second brain for Jayme, ensuring his time is well spent, meetings are scheduled promptly, correspondence responded to in a timely way, and the executive office is running like a well-oiled machine. You’ll work collaboratively across EverQuote as well as with external stakeholders.
We’re not searching for just any assistant, but a true partner to the CEO. One who can ensure every minute of his day is best spent on the most impactful work for EverQuote as we build the best in class insurance marketplace for our customers, partners, and employees. The success of the CEO is a reflection of his EA’s work and vice versa, which creates a true atmosphere of teamwork and job satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Be a trusted partner to the CEO, organizing current needs, anticipating potential conflicts, and handling sensitive business information where CEO-EA confidentiality is paramount
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for the CEO, manage and log incoming scheduling requests, proactively communicate changes to the team, as well as anticipate and respond to scheduling and travel conflicts, rescheduling as needed.
- Manage the flow of correspondence, including email and voicemail, into the CEO’s office and ensure it is responded to in a timely and professional way.
- Assist in drafting and/or editing important documents and presentation materials.
- Track and reconcile monthly expenses, ensuring expense reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Constantly think of ways the CEO’s days can run more smoothly by reviewing his time management and use a data driven approach to make improvements.
- Track CEO's tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization is completed with respect to deadlines and organizational developments.
- Once business travel resumes, book and manage all travel for the CEO and ensure that he gets from one place to another safely and on time.
- Other administrative duties and special projects as requested.
Who you are:
- Organized. You can keep track of 100 different things at once. It’s NBD for you to manage the CEO’s busy calendar while responding to tons of emails and answering calls.
- Attentive to detail. You sweat the small stuff. You always double-check spellings of names, exact address and time of meetings.
- Clear communicator. You are direct and concise. You speak and write eloquently, whether over the phone, in person, via e-mail and snail mail, or on social media channels.
- Trustworthy. You handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Innovative. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about ways the executive office can be run more effectively.
- Data centric. We expect discussions at all levels to be rooted in and guided by data.
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You move with a sense of urgency and know how to get things done.
- Heart. The work we do is serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
- Experienced. 3-5+ years in a senior executive support role at a publicly traded company preferred. Advanced-level Google and Microsoft Office suite proficiency.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.