At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Technology Manager to take our Corporate Technology program to the next level. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing the best technology experience for our Hopper employees enabling the business from its very foundation, our people. Whether it’s onboarding newly acquired companies, or managing our broad array of technologies, it’s all about optimizing the productivity of Hopper. If you are a rockstar leader who is the first to jump into action we’d love to hear from you.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
The perfect candidate will possess a keen understanding of their customer, endlessly and proactively seek to meet their needs and has the technical depth to understand where technology is the best solution.
- 4+ years in leadership role for employee technology systems
- Proficient in supporting both MacOS and Windows operating systems.
- Previous ownership of productivity technologies such as Slack, GSuite, Adobe, etc
- Hands on experience with Identity and Access Management Solutions (Okta, Onelogin, etc.) and/or directory services (Active Directory, JumpCloud, OpenLDAP...)
- Experience with IT management and automation solutions (Jamf, Munki, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to adapt yourself and your team to evolving organization and changes in priority
- Strong data driven decision making-skills
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Ruby, GO, etc.
- Data-driven decision-maker with the ability to build/run basic queries and reports
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead cross-functional IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and technologies
- Direct technology strategy by studying organization goals, strategies, and practices
- Identify problematic areas and opportunities for automation then implement strategic solutions
- Work with external vendors for any repairs/technical work requests
- Manage a team that provides tier 1 support to Hopper employees
- Onboard and offboard employees
- Manage and maintain office collaboration (video conferencing) and printing systems
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Handle annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Own the IT asset management process for all hardware and software assets.
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!