Engineering Executive Administrator
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Markforged engineering organization is growing fast and as part of that growth we wish to add an engineering administrator to help streamline our operations and gain operational efficiency. You will be directly responsible for ensuring communication and logistical needs of the organization are being met such that engineers and managers are always on task with their work and not blocked due to internal or external dependencies.
In this role you will:
- Manage meetings for the engineering VP and his direct reports, including vendor visits
- Interview setup and activities to support onboarding of new employees
- Handle selected communications between engineering and outside vendors
- Set Up travel plans, flight schedules, hotel bookings, car rentals etc. via our travel provider
- Plan and set up engineering all-hands meetings.
- Take notes and actions at selected meetings
- Work with the finance group to order prototype equipment and supplies
- Keep the office organized and running efficiently
- Ensure critical meetings are running on time
- Identify items that may either be blocking product development or causing organization inefficiency and directly deal with those issues
- Where applicable ensure we have proper process documentation in place for dealing with specific needs of the organization
- Work closely other internal company functions, including facilities, sales, marketing, finance, and operations
What we look for:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Able to use common word processing tools, spreadsheets, and slide tools
- Google tools and/or Microsoft Office
- Able to keep critical information confidential
- 3+ years of experience as an Admin or executive assistant
- Ability to identify and proactively address issues impacting forward progress on business objectives
- Leadership abilities that will allow you to operate with minimal supervision, identify issues, and quickly resolve those issues
- Can do attitude, even when it means you must learn new things in order to get things done
- Able to converse in a 2nd language
- Previously work in an engineering or technical environment
- College degree
The following are not requirements but would be considered a strong plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description