Director of Professional Services, CloudHealth by VMWare at CloudHealth by VMware
CloudHealth by VMware is looking for a hands-on person to build, manage and grow the Professional Services (PS) business as part of the CloudHealth Customer Success team. The mission of the PS organization is to provide billable services that enhance the value of the CloudHealth platform and enable even greater levels of customer adoption and value realization.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining, marketing and selling professional services to prospective and existing customers. You will be responsible for the delivery of all professional services sold. This includes ensuring that customers receive positive business outcomes from the services delivered and have a positive customer experience. You will also be responsible for recruiting, on-boarding, and managing a team of consultants and delivery partners. You will partner with your VMWare counterparts to ensure service operations are aligned with standard processes and scale as the services revenue grows.
The CloudHealth platform is a SaaS-based cloud management platform and the current services offerings focus on consulting with the customer to ensure the platform is configured correctly and integrated into their business process and environment. Additional offerings focus on driving extended adoption and value of the platform and helping customers mature the management of their public and hybrid clouds.
This position reports to the Sr Director of Customer Success and will work closely with local and global leaders of the Corporate Account Management, Technical Account Management and Training teams. This position is based in Boston, but candidates will be considered in our San Francisco office.
CloudHealth by VMWare operates as an independent and entrepreneurial business unit in one of the most innovative and successful independent software companies in the world. This comes with all the benefits of working at a start-up with the financial backing and organizational support of a large company.
- Lead the development of Professional Services offerings and methodologies, working closely with Marketing to generate collateral and execute campaigns.
- Engage with customers to understand opportunities to enhance the value of the CloudHealth platform through services. Partner with Sales team to qualify, scope and sell engagements.
- Develop and manage project plans, schedules, success criteria and milestones.
- Ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on-time and within budget, and at a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Identify and proactively manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive successful customer and business outcomes.
- Consolidate and document best practices for achieving maximum value from the platform. Identify opportunities for the PS team to extend the platform by engineering reusable solutions that can be used internally and by customers to maximize the value of the platform.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering leaders to incorporate best practices and PS built deliverables into the platform, and to drive the overall extensibility of the platform.
- Work closely with IT, Finance and Legal to ensure appropriate back office process, contracts and systems exist to support the business as it grows.
- Recruit and mentor a team of high performing Professional Services consultants, engineers, and delivery managers.
- Stay abreast of current developments on general business, industry and technical issues and challenges.
- Minimum of 15 years’ PS experience; 5 of which should be in a lead role building a PS business.
- Balanced experience across all aspects of PS – marketing, sales, delivery, back office, etc.
- A passion for delivering positive business outcomes and creating great experiences for customers.
- Strong people management and organization planning skills. Can recruit and develop talent.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Organized. Detail oriented.
- Open. Promotes open exchange of ideas. Willing to confront issues or fight through adversity.
- Action oriented. Finds solutions versus raising issues. Removes obstacles.
- Celebrates customer and employee success.
- Innovative. Looks for areas to continuously improve.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change. Flexible. Adaptable.
- Strong communication skills. All forms of communication. All levels of an organization.
- Services experience in a software company, preferably SaaS.
- Public Cloud and IT Systems Management domain knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Travel up to 25% travel based on the needs of the organization and customers.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.