Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a seasoned, strategic IT Director to enable its ambitious growth plans. This role will be a part of the VP of Process Innovation and Analytics's leadership team. This leader’s team will be responsible for Corporate IT Applications and Helpdesk, and will develop and drive IT Strategy for the company, focusing on our four key tenets of IT;
- Enablement: Providing tools and a ticketing system to enable our workforce to work efficiently and recover quickly when things go wrong
- Access and Identity Management: Ensuring users have the appropriate access to apps, systems and data
- Protection, Backup, and Disaster Recovery: Supporting our Cyber Security team to protect our data, devices and users from accidents, exposure and threat
- Teamwork, Communication, and Information Management: Providing systems for effective communication and collaboration
What you’ll do:
- Assess the current CarGurus global IT landscape and develop, adapt, socialize and execute upon a Strategic Roadmap.
- Apply and demonstrate a Product Management mentality for IT projects, engaging with and enabling partners to effectively prioritize a backlog of the current projects and future requirements; facilitate discussions for trade-offs; and maintain org-wide transparency of the IT roadmap.
- Build and lead a high-functioning IT team; coaching, mentoring and training the team to support a growing organization.
- Foresee possible issues and prepare solutions in advance
Who you are:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years experience in IT domain, working with enterprise-grade tools & platforms
- 4+ years experience in a management role overseeing IT operations and staff
- Expertise handling external vendors, procurement, and budgets.
- Process-oriented, with strong project management skills: managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with multiple teams across the organization.
- Consistent track record of maturing and streamlining IT systems and processes (i.e. employee onboarding/offboarding, software/hardware provisioning, etc.)
- Experience implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.