Director, Information Technology at Kyruus
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
- Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
- Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
- Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Director, Information Technology role.Caring
You’ll contribute to the Kyruus mission by establishing and maintaining our internal information technology vision, strategy, and programs to meet business needs. You’ll be responsible for the execution of the strategy, policies, standards, and management practices that ensure that our corporate information assets and technologies are adequately protected across the entire organization and are aligned with specific business-driven risk appetites and profiles. You’ll be integral to the entire organization by through providing and sustaining thoughtful leadership for Kyruus, information technology initiatives and security program and establishing and cultivating relationships within Kyruuvianss to understand each department’s unique needs to empower the information technology team tocan best design and support secure solutions for user enablement.Ownership
- You’ll provide leadership in the development and implementation of a complete information technology security program for Kyruus, overseeing and working closely with our cross-functional Risk & Information Security Team. The security program will encompass the protection of data and technology assets internal to Kyruus as well as with third party vendors and services providers.
- You’ll own responding to the technical needs of the business, answering HelpDesk tickets and analyzing business workflows and architecting appropriate and best possible solutions.
- You’ll contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, standards, and procedures across the organization to reduce information and information technology risk. These policies, standards, and procedures will include security access and controls, data management, incident handling and response, and endpoint lifecycle and hardening. You’ll manage quarterly audits of systems and services in compliance with those policies, standards, and procedures.
- You’ll work with business/application decision makers to provide analysis of new business/application solutions during the acquisition process. You’ll provide input to decision makers related to security measures, including documenting risks, as well as assist with the contracting and implementation processes. You will work with business owners to conduct annual audits of vendors, according to policy and standards.
- You’ll implement new technologies and deploy new hardware and software across the organization; including license management cost management, user management, as well as on-boarding training and for continuous application adoption.
- You’ll oversee technology dependencies outside of your direct organizational control, including reviewing contracts and the creation of alternatives for managing risk.
- You’ll develop training materials and communications to educate all Kyruuvians on matters of information security and help embed security awareness into their daily lives.
- You’ll own information technology tasks if there’s an office move and all the architecture of office technologies.
- You’ll periodically assist with Salesforce administration and vendor management.
- You’ll report to the Senior Vice President, People in the Technical Operations department within the General & Administrative Division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 7+ years of experience in a technical operations and leadership role to:
- Respond accurately and professionally to the needs of the business and other user’s within the organization.
- Successfully and effectively recruit for technical positions within your team and plan for new team resources when required.
- Provide guidance on departmental and cross-department objectives and initiatives.
- Remain comfortable and confident in an ambiguous situation.
- Extend and position the IT department as a strategic business partner to the Kyruus team rather than localized support and/or service.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You’re able to juggle and execute many different tasks well, delegate work efficiently, and manage your team’s performance conscientiously.
- You’re incredibly focused on training and teaching others about different situations or issues as they arise, while being very responsive to requests and delivery excellent work with patience and kindness.
- You’re solutions oriented when working with the information technology team, coworkers in other departments, and vendors.
- You’ll be able to leverage excellent written and communication skills to get cross-functional and executive alignment on your initiatives.
- You’ll become a trusted partner for the organization with respect to technical operations, both internally as it relates to employees and externally with prospects, customers, and partners.
- You monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, and revise the overall risk profile accordingly, advising relevant stakeholders on recommended courses of action.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Director, Information Technology role can move in a more linear career path to a Senior Director, Information Technology. Depending on interest, experience, and performance, there is also an opportunity to expand scope to build expertise and focus on information security and progress to a Director, Corporate Security or other information security-focused career path.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.