Director of Global IT Support at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Director of Global IT Support will provide strategic direction and operational leadership for all IT Support Services. They will bring their expertise in Support Management, and apply best practices to the team, to ensure the department is providing a top class level of support. They will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer experience, establishing and meeting service levels that align with business and IT strategies, developing staff, streamlining processes, maintaining efficient and high quality operations, managing budgets and managing vendors and contracts as needed
About the roll*:
- Provide leadership through strategic direction and active engagement to align IT Support functions and priorities with Toast business goals.
- Manage the development and maintenance of support processes, strategies, and tactical plans.
- Provide guidance to IT Help Desk Managers to ensure alignment and enforcement of functional objectives.
- Foster a Customer Service culture through active engagement, leadership, and a strong sense of accountability within the IT Support organization
- Ensure availability, quality, and consistency of IT Support Services, serving as the primary point of contact for all IT incidents and general service requests.
- Formalize and monitor Service Levels including team responsiveness, service request updates, incident communications, and system performance & uptime.
- Establish and maintain performance metrics for all associated IT Support functions.
- Maintain departmental IT Support strategic plans, knowledge base, and tactical processes.
- Manage and develop IT Support leaders and staff.
- Explore Automation, AI and other modern methods of request/incident resolution, in order to make the IT Support function more efficient and increase employee satisfaction
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 5+ years experience leading a Global Support Organization
- BS degree in business management or a related field
- Extensive business case development, including cost/benefit analysis and total cost of ownership
- Strong Service Management and Project Management experience including SLA management, KPI/Key metric reporting, service management processes and tools, Contact Center strategies, user access management, ITIL, and change management.
- Business Processes and Operations experience
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM is a plus