Director, CyberSecurity Operations at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:26 p.m. (EST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
We are looking for a CyberSecurity Operations Director to build cyber defense controls and manage security operations to protect Thrasio from cyber threats. In this role, you will manage security operations and vulnerability management of infrastructure, platforms and applications. You will work with key IT and business stakeholders to conduct technical analysis and respond to security issues, as well as threats and incidents, vulnerability assessments and remediation, security investigations, end user protection and third-party security incident investigations.
- Lead and manage all security operations for the organization
- Lead and manage business resiliency and the incident response lifecycle; coordinate incident response
- Develop and implement monitoring capabilities
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce operational risk
- Conduct red team/blue team/purple team exercises
- Drive and manage the vulnerability assessment and asset management lifecycle
- Work closely with the CyberSecurity Engineering team to establish a regular cadence for internal and external penetration testing for all products and cloud-hosted applications
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field preferred
- 7 years of experience in Cyber Security, Security Operations, Monitoring and Response
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing Incident Response and Vulnerability Management (experience leading high-pressure incidents (e.g. data breaches) a plus)
- Demonstrated experience applying security and risk frameworks, and regulations such as NIST CSF/800-53/800-171, Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP, CSA, etc.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience in SIEM, threat intelligence platforms, vulnerability assessment tools, Cloud platforms, EDR, Cyber threats and attack vectors, exploitation methods, IOC and TTP's, Infrastructure and Application security in a distributed environment
- Experience in Threat modeling, Threat hunting and intelligence, Incident Response Tabletop exercise, and process automation
- Proven ability to build partnerships and collaboration between stakeholder teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to outline security risks to senior leadership
- Certifications: Information Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISA, etc.)
- Strong background in technical engineering and architecture, such as infrastructure/cloud engineering or software development
- Experience managing security vendors and managed services providers
- Experience in Cyber Security Architecture, Cloud Platform Security, Risk Assessment, Network Security, IAM, Data Security and Governance
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech, and customer obsessed environment
- Demonstrated leadership, team management, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage and participate in an on-call rotation performing weekend and after-hours support
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.