Director of Customer Service Insights and Metrics at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Do you love data analytics and applying that to help operations achieve efficiency and revenue goals? Then you should check out the Director of Customer Service Insights and Analytics role in Customer Service at ezCater!
The Director of Customer Service Insights and Metrics is responsible for creating, managing and communicating business insights gained by synthesizing data from multiple sources. This position is primarily responsible for providing actionable insight for our customer service department. The director will apply various quantitative methods to analyze and interpret information from multiple data sources as needed (Periscope, Twilio Flex, Teleopti, Excel). The director will maintain a critical consulting and advisory role with customer service management in driving best practices and measurement methodology. They will be the leader on developing our non-phone (chat, email, social media) strategy. This position is a working manager, sharing knowledge and coaching employees as much as driving assigned projects.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Service Operations (Process and Efficiency Excellence), working closely with Data Science and Analytics team. Will manage our Workforce Management team.
What you’ll do:
- Participates and provides analytical leadership in the development of customer service’s plans and programs.
- Employ the latest quantitative and analytical techniques, synthesize all available data, develop business insights, to enhance the performance of the customer service department.
- Work with Data Science and Analytics team to formulate and track KPIs, as well as, understand the detail logic used to build KPIs/metrics used in data analysis.
- Develop and drive our non-phone strategy for customer service.
- Be involved in the learning and functioning of the daily operational challenges and understanding the core functions of the customer service department.
- Monitor the performance of process improvement efforts.
- Define requirements for data integration and measurement supporting new products, process enhancements and department efficiency initiatives.
- Monitor relevant industry trends, tapping both external and internal sources
- Plan and manage processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to answer business questions and drive decisions;
- Build relationships and collaborate with other functional areas to identify system integration opportunities and needs.
- Oversee the Workforce Management Team
- Manage WFM team on day-to-day activities
- Work closely with the management team to manage and communicate all things related to scheduling, adherence, forecasting, and efficiency on-site and at our outsource partner centers.
- A dynamic leader with the ability to conduct, manage and synthesize data, and proven ability to integrate disparate sources of information into a coherent “story" that answer specific business questions and drives results.
- Have a strong knowledge of customer service operations allowing you to effectively design and monitor the metrics that will allow us to continue to drive efficient high-quality service to our customers.
- Proven skills in articulating and communicating data-driven insights and strategies both verbally and in writing to colleagues and senior leadership.
- Proven characteristics of intellectual curiosity, responsibility, determination, creativity, flexibility, drive and self-confidence.
- Able to influence all levels of customer service and senior leadership with proven knowledge and understanding of ezCater’s goals and metrics.
- Excellent written, oral communication, project management and presentation skills. Ability to present complex data reports, financial analyses, and statistics in a simple and clear manner.
- Passionate about analyzing data, drawing appropriate conclusions, and able to effectively translate findings to business strategies that positively impact the business and customer.
- Have the ability to determine the root cause of issues or successes when multiple variables are present that impacts results.
- 10+ years’ experience/expertise in customer service operations in a data driven focus.
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methodologies and their application, including familiarity with external sources of industry, market, and consumer information.
- Extensive experience with reporting and analysis design, measurement strategy, and development of business metrics.
- Experience mentoring and leading teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Statistics or similar
- Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Experience in SQL/Tableau/other data visualization tool is highly desired
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Our dynamic Customer Service department is the heart of ezCater and we have an incredible team for you to work with to drive results. Our Customer Service department includes support and specialty teams for our catering partners, customers and 3rd party delivery service. We provide industry-leading service levels that are strongly supported as a core value of our company.
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.