Director of Corporate Social Responsibility at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Director of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) will lead Toast.org- Toast’s grassroots initiative to drive impact in the restaurant ecosystem and food community. They will report directly to our Chief People Officer and work closely with our CEO & Chief of Staff. This newly created role will help develop and drive the corporate responsibility strategy for all of Toast.org. They should have experience developing CSR strategies from the ground up, facilitating internal stakeholder engagement and creating external partnerships that drive us towards our mission.
About this roll*:
- Lead and refine Toast.org’s community and local social impact strategy by building/maintaining positive relationships with appropriate non-profit organizations
- Partner with the Leadership Team to develop and implement Toast.org’s 503c mission and strategy
- Establish critical metrics and lead measurement efforts for all social impact initiatives and develop quarterly and annual CSR/social impact reports to be shared with key stakeholders (internal & external)
- Develop the overarching objectives, strategy, & investment recommendations while reviewing/vetting proposals and managing the budget for Toast.org
- Lead the communication strategy for Toast.org’s social impact work, in partnership with Marketing and PR Teams, to address all major constituents (employees, non profit partners, etc.)
- Lead and mobilize the current Toast.org Impact Council
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Leadership experience in a non-profit organization or a corporate Impact focused role (preferably in the high growth technology and/or food ecosystem)
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including dealing with executives and senior management
*Bread puns encouraged but not required