Director - Cloud Solutions - AWS Certified Professional - Anywhere USA at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Director Cloud Solutions - If you are AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, this may be the perfect role for you! Location: Anywhere in the US.
The Director is a senior leadership position with the skills and experience to lead our largest, most strategic engagements while also serving as a key participant in the business leadership of the business unit. This individual will have overall responsibility for the strategic leadership of client engagements from a delivery perspective. Additionally, work closely with the Business Developer, and be responsible for ongoing client development and relationship management activities.
Specifics of this position may include:
- Manage the technical, business and personnel aspects of consulting engagements.
- Manage the invoicing, backlog and resource management activities for the assigned consulting engagements.
- Support multiple engagements on a part-time basis as the overall engagement manager working with the assigned project managers to ensure successful delivery.
- Serve as the day-to-day Project Manager or Project Manager Adviser for one or more of our larger, more strategic clients/engagements.
- Lead strategic engagements while also serving as the lead consultant/strategist.
- Cultivate highly functioning teams comprised of Perficient and client resources; the ability to effectively manage the engagement while recognizing and leveraging the expertise of the different resources and the importance of their contributions is critical.
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction.
- Produce key project management deliverables such as project charters, project plans, resource plans, risk mitigation plans, change management plans, etc.
- Serve as a key member of the solution delivery team by facilitating requirements/design sessions, and producing deliverables.
- Mentor and provide solutions delivery expertise to less experienced team members.
- Monitor engagement team performance and provide feedback.
- Develop strong client relationships.
- Team with the business developer to drive ongoing client development activities.
- Participate on client engagement steering committees as necessary to set client expectations and issue and resolution management.
- Key participant in the business development process.
- Lead the business development efforts from a delivery perspective.
- Develop overall estimates of the effort / resource requirements / schedule.
- Analysis of pricing / approach options advising the GM on the related business considerations and impact of different options.
- Lead the risk assessment efforts during the proposal process and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- More than 12 + years of overall experience with 5 plus years with AWS.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Strong client management and executive level communication skills
- Experienced in application development for Cloud platforms using technologies like Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Micro Services , REST and others
- Experienced in using Cloud Foundry and PaaS platforms like Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Redhat Openshift
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experienced in using build and deployment tools like Maven, Gradle etc.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (required)
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience leading and delivering complex enterprise solutions and teams.
- Serving as the senior delivery resource for consulting engagements; cultivating highly functioning teams comprised of Perficient and client resources.
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver.
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
- Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Experience responding to RFPs/RFQs and procurement deadlines.
- Proven track record working with and selling to the stakeholders, executives, and decision makers of Fortune 1000 companies.
- Proven domain expertise with experience building business cases and communicating client-specific value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted adviser.
- Leading technical discussions with business and technical decision makers, including detailing technical specifications, product roadmaps, deployment, and third-party integrations
- Demonstrated capability to handle Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Experience coordinating Sales team members to develop sales scripts, discovery process, best practices, sharing expertise/training and guiding solution development.
- Experience with recruiting, personnel management, and performance reviews.
- Experience in sales support role, particularly discovery meetings, demos, roadmaps, and engagement assessment.
- Must be open to travel post COVID
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.