We have an incredible team at Klaviyo - collaborative, capable, diverse, fun - and we won’t settle for less. We’re looking for a passionate marketing operations director, someone excited to join us in our company mission to: “Empower Creators to Own their Destiny.”
In this role, you will report to the VP of Customer Research and Insights and partner closely with the broader Marketing organization to improve operational efficiencies, ensure alignment between our programs, resources and our goals, measure and track resource allocation across Marketing and ensure clarity and success in achieving core metrics. As we scale rapidly and globally, you will partner with the Marketing group leadership to ensure we’re efficiently implementing scalable strategies and programs to improve all facets of the Klaviyo marketing and communication efforts. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, organized, intellectually curious, proactive in seeking solutions to challenging problems, and able to manage several projects concurrently. We try to ensure that people’s experiences are awesome and that they find themselves continually challenged, continually developing, and continually appreciated for their whole selves.
If you want the opportunity to have high impact quickly across multiple dimensions, this role may be for you. It’s rare to find this combination - a team that genuinely cares deeply and moves quickly, all the while creating opportunities for everyone.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Integrate team wide activities that touch each phase of the marketing process. This includes understanding the bigger picture and how each part (e.g. Brand or Performance) ties together to achieve our ARR and Brand Equity (awareness, NPS) goals. This requires pushing the various marketing departments (e.g., Brand or product marketing) on their plans, specific activities, as well as the investments necessary. Finally each month you will help measure the impact of each investment (time and money)
- Oversee and track marketing budgets, recommending resource allocation as necessary to maximize potential impact in the short and long term
- Own the operational efficiency of the team: are we working on the right stuff in a highly coordinated fashion? Develop scalable strategies to improve business processes and systems, with a focus on operational excellence, improving team effectiveness and efficiency
- Drive resource planning, structuring additional capacity in a way that allows ease of shifting resources when possible
- Drive our annual goal setting and quarterly review process, holding the team accountable to create clear measurable goals and deliver results in a timely manner and ensure plans are put in place to remedy instances where we are not set to deliver on our goals
- Partner across Klaviyo outside of Marketing (e.g., Business Insights, or Finance) as necessary to ensure alignment and communications
- Directly manage a small team of 3 business operations specialists, while also acting in an informal leadership capacity across the marketing organization
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of professional experience in business operations / program manager / consulting role
- You have experience organizing the operational activities of teams larger than 75 people, with defined sub teams (e.g. brand, ecosystem, PR)
- You have strong communication and organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, and experience preparing materials for an executive audience
- You balance attention to detail with swift execution, including the ability to deliver on tight timelines
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- You have a bias towards learning and constant iteration
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, while also staying coordinated with the broader team
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.