Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
This role’s objective is to enable Toast’s customers and the Customer Care team to connect in meaningful ways via integrated communication channels launched from a single in-product location. They will design solutions that will collect and leverage data to customize experiences, improve efficiencies, inform the VOC roadmap and increase product and service quality overall.
- How can chat help empower customers to self-serve more frequently?
- What customer issues are best handled via which channels? How and why do we segment customers within various channels to have the best experience?
- How can search and AI enhance the customer and agent experience?
- How can we enable chat to be an effective tool for customer education?
- How much volume can we drive to chat?
- How can we make chat data more actionable and accessible?
Example OKRs and Impact:
- Deliver improved customer experience by getting customers answers more easily and reliably
- Design and execute a chat, knowledge and search strategy/ infrastructure that can increase ticket deflection decrease AHT
- Improve CSAT and Increase personalization via Web & Chat
- Drive transformational changes to our operations
- Use voice and text recognition and AI to deliver guided digital playbooks to our customers and agents creating a consistent, high quality, low cost interaction.
- Supporting in-product chat via SMS or Video
- Leveraging AI to surface current, high quality digital content to customers and internal users
- Support Care login/screenshare enhancements
- Help direct our Education Team and KCS writers to top deflection opportunities
- Collecting additional product meta data to support Customer Data SOT and VOC.
- Support Topline Goals: Help drive Upsell via next best action and other bot prompts
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A track record of success. 5+ years experience in Project Management, Customer Care Technical Operations, Consulting, Product Mgmt or Business Systems Design role
- A proven track record managing successful, technical, enterprise level projects - including writing and tracking user stories and design docs - Experience working with internal Business Systems and R&D Teams
- Experience influencing and driving positive outcomes across all levels
- A positive Team and Customer first mentality
- Experience with Customer Care and Knowledge Tools a must
- Equally comfortable rolling up sleeves to understand data, building/ revising content and/ or building a presentation to pitch a new idea to senior leaders
- Great draw. Your team and stakeholders love working with you.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required