Desktop Support at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer 1 to join our IT Team at our Cambridge campus. We are looking for an individual that enjoys helping others. Your audience will be varied from engineering to sales to marketing team and more. Working together and helping each other is central to the IT Team’s culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide day to day desktop support to local and remote users
- Setup desks for new hires
- Support users when moving from one desk to another and setting up peripherals
- Solve end user software and hardware issues
- Evaluate tools and software products to help solve problems for our users
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Work remote temporarily due to COVID-19
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Help Desk role
- Some experience supporting MACs (OSX) and/or PCs (Windows)
- Some experience configuring laptops, peripherals and smart devices
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, and questioning skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focused mind set
- Enjoys a challenge
- Ticketing system knowledge a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.