Desktop Engineer - 2nd Shift at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is hiring a Desktop Support Engineer to join our International IT Team. We are looking for an individual that enjoys helping others and will contribute to our expansion in the U.S. and overseas. The ability to be creative and have the initiative to improve processes will be a major part of your success. Your audience will be wildly multifaceted from C level executives, to engineers, to our sales team. One’s ability to collaborate and work efficiently is central to the IT Team’s focus and success.
If this sounds exciting, then we want you!
What You’ll Do:
- Build JAMF scripts for managing and deploying software to our 1000+ MACs
- Serve as an escalation point for our toughest problems and create documentation and procedures to improve our response time, accuracy and consistency
- Mentor less experienced team member to help them grow
- Prepare accounts and hardware for new hires
- Developing tools to automate daily tasks to build efficiencies for the team
- Identify, run and report on progress for your projects and coordinate Proof-of-Concept tests to vet out new technologies
- Supervise technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company’s existing platforms
- Collaborate with vendors to evaluate new technology that is available and make recommendations on using that technology
- Evaluate the impact of vendor patches and develop work arounds as necessary
Who You Are:
- 4+ years JAMF experience and proven VoIP skills within an enterprise environment
- JAMF management experience is a must
- 6+ years of desktop engineering experience
- Associates’ Degree in MIS or similar field OR certificate programs focusing on desktop support
- Experience supporting MACs (OSX) and PCs (Windows and/or Linux) within an enterprise environment
- Experience integrating new technologies into existing environments, running IT projects and running proof-of-concept tests
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.