Cyber Learning & Development Specialist at Immersive Labs
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
Join an agile team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees, and announced funding of more than $120 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and Airbnb, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is a new opportunity to be the first Cyber Learning & Development Specialist in North America at Immersive Labs. You’ll collaborate with customers and partners to design, develop and facilitate learning programs and delivery methods that deliver sustainable business change and ensure business outcomes in human cyber readiness are achieved.
You will be responsible for providing guidance and direction to customers based on data and learning best practices, implementing learning strategies and needs analysis to achieve business unit and enterprise-wide initiatives.
You’ll need to have a varied and flexible approach to engagements wearing multiple hats of consultant, advisor, facilitator and developer of solutions. You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your knowledge and expertise in learning to reshape or create new offers and services for our customers.
If you are intrigued by our culture and eager to work with a team of iterative, globally-based colleagues who have varying viewpoints and you are excited about human cyber readiness impacting global organizations success We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contributions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Conduct needs assessments and focus groups to determine business needs and desired outcomes
- Use L&D knowledge to recommend appropriate delivery methods and improvements to current programs or suggest new approaches
- Support customers strategic change and organizational performance through the development and deployment of learning initiatives
- Perform learning analysis that delivers actionable insight
- Collaborate with internal partners to define learning and development objectives, content, instructional strategies and assessment methods and make updates/revisions to current programs as needed
- Apply training and adult learning theories, instructional design models, such as ADDIE, and e-learning standards (e.g. SCORM)
- Design and develop new learning and development materials (e.g. training workbooks, job aids, PowerPoints, worksheets, support documents) and programs in-person, virtually, or online that support Business Unit and Enterprise level goals
- Lead and manage medium- to large- sized programs and process improvement efforts in support of business unit and enterprise-wide goals
To be successful:
- Professional experience in Learning and Development or a closely related field within the cyber security industry.
- Knowledge of and examples of practical use of learning theories, learning science and learning strategy including designing and implementing training programs.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with demonstrated ability to build relationships at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing organization-wide programs and process-improvement efforts
- Relevant professional learning qualifications would be an advantage e.g. performance coach, learning consultancy, instructional designer, Kirkpatrick practitioner
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs.
- Driven - Continuously improving on who we are and what we do.
- Agile - Embracing organizational challenges.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Look after you and your family with Health, Dental and Disability insurance; fully paid sick leave and mental health support.
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when and where is best for you, including 33 days holiday, 12 weeks enhanced parental leave, volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off
- Save for the future with contribution matched 401K, and rewards and recognition for your successes
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- You will need to regularly visit our North American HQ which is based in the centre of Boston, just a 10 minute walk from Back Bay train station.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from cake competitions, to movie nights and escape rooms.
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up cyber workforces around the world, click apply to find out more.