Customer Care Specialist 1 - Boston, MA at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is an industry leader and we know that at the core of our success our are Toasters providing world-class experiences. Our Customer Care Specialists are driven with purpose to resolve solutions and act as Toast experts to help Toast’s customers thrive! Care Specialists work as one team to answer incoming customer questions from multiple channels including phone (primary), chat and email. You will need to be hungry for learning everything, ’Toasty,” to showcase how our rapidly expanding hardware and software suite is better together!
About this roll*
- Advocate for Toast customers by always being ready to answer incoming calls, chats and/or casework
- Purposefully expand your knowledge of Toast’s hardware and software on a weekly basis through professional development time, trainings, knowledgebase articles and the experience gained from performing the roll
- Independently problem-solve with consistency; in this front-line role it is your responsibility to craft accurate outcomes that make Toast’s customers time and satisfaction the priority
- Master the art of probing questions with Toast resources to assess and resolve customer needs that keep restaurants happily running Toast
- Example requests include: my card reader isn’t swiping, my device is offline, help me locate my net sales for the year, how do I set-up online ordering, and how do 3rd party systems work with Toast?
- Navigate Toast procedures to properly escalate and coordinate the customer response in accordance with Toast values
- Embrace a hospitality mindset that makes Toast Customer Care a differentiator of service in the industry
- Engage with the roll by executing a recipe for success. Being on time, ready to deliver and finishing the dish for our customers every single time.
- Key performance indicators you’ll be measured against include: Attendance, Adherence, First Call Resolution, Average Handle Time, Escalation Rate, Customer Satisfaction and Productivity.
- Lead with your voice to benefit customers, your peers, Toast, and commit yourself to a career of growth
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Expertise in championing the customer experience in constantly evolving ways which primarily includes incoming calls but may include chats and emails
- Open to schedules that may include weekends, holidays and nights
- Technically-savvy individual who can perform their work on an Apple laptop, and troubleshoot an Android based software + Toast-native hardware
- Multi-tasking is required to excel and includes: taking notes in-real time, navigating multiple databases, investigating, working on multiple screens, speaking to the customer and collaborating with peers in a time-conscious results-driven workflow
- Empathizer-in-chief who takes ownership of the customer journey to de-escalate and empower customer outcomes
- Comfortable with a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment, and requiring Toasters to operate with great judgement making skills
- Demonstrating to customers how Toast products work better together and providing insights which features & services could be game changers for how they optimize their restaurants
- Stays curious, gets involved, and is willing to ask + give help in their journey at Toast
*Bread puns encouraged but not required