Corporate Development Manager at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Corporate Development Manager will utilize their expertise in strategic planning and relationship development to further the goals of PI and the corporate development team.This position offers an excellent opportunity for cross-functional work with internal stakeholders to assess and develop a strategy that directly impacts the growth of PI and our products.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be the internal expert on our market landscape. Develop and maintain research, models, and presentations that track and analyze our industry and solution providers in adjacent markets. Conduct marketing analysis and make recommendations on which opportunities PI should pursue. Partner with other teams to drive internal thinking on expansion opportunities.
- Identify and pursue strategic partnership and acquisition opportunities. Build and maintain comprehensive lists of potential partners in a wide range of categories. Develop a pipeline of opportunities through networking, direct outreach, and representing PI at industry events.
- Support all aspects of the partnership development and M&A processes, including opportunity creation, strategic analysis, financial analysis, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and integration. Experience across these areas are a plus but not all are required.
- Manage key partnerships with goal of driving revenue. Quickly understand each partner’s business model, become a thought partner, and develop action plans that help each partner focus on revenue generating activities. Work across teams to ensure partners have the support required. This will include partnerships with other tech companies as well as key certified partners.
- Drive and support a wide range of corporate initiatives, with research, analysis, and project management.
We think it’s important that you have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Business undergrad and/or MBA. Finance undergrad a plus
- 3-years’ minimum experience; 5+ years’ preferred. PE/VC/Startup experience a plus
Should you apply? If you’ve got all these skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear about them!
- You’re very good in excel. Financial modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience with mergers & acquisitions, diligence process, valuation analysis
- Flexible and comfortable working within a “roll-up your sleeves” environment
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
- Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
- Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
- Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
- Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
- Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
- Drive: Own it.
- Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.