Cloud Systems Administrator at Notarize
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:29 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
We're looking for a collaborative and technical Cloud Sys Admin who can manage the growth and continual improvement of our IT infrastructure. You'll manage the enterprise SaaS applications and networks, and you'll advise on ongoing security and compliance activities. This is a very hands-on and highly cross-functional role in a rapidly-evolving org where there are interesting new problems to solve every day.
What you’ll do as a Cloud Systems Administrator at Notarize:
- Own administration of core systems applications (Okta, GSuite, AWS, Slack, Jira, Confluence, Zendesk, etc)
- Build automations, utilize APIs and perform maintenance between Okta and SaaS applications
- Assist with onboarding/off-boarding processes and automations
- Assist with monitoring endpoint reports to ensure systems are accurately configured, patched and secure
- Management and troubleshooting of MFA, MDM, SSO, VPN, firewall, AV (Sophos), and physical device/cable/peripheral related issues
- Build and extend monitoring capabilities
- Create and document IT-specific procedures and playbooks
- Assist and advise IT coworkers on best practices
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience as a Systems Administrator, preferably at a cloud based startup/tech/SaaS company
- Hands-on experience in AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EC2, IAM,VPC, S3, ELB, EBS, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc.
- Experience supporting SaaS applications
- Familiarity with network protocols, troubleshooting, and administration (basic LDAP, SAML, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, DHCP, and DNS, NFS).
- High degree of proficiency in Mac computer hardware and software systems
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud networking concepts
- Experience in establishing IT best practices around OS hardening, patching, and security scanning
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Thoughtful communication & collaboration skills, able to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences
- Customer support mindset - willing to dig in and lend your expertise to help your team
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.