Chief Commercial Officer at PathAI
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is an executive position that reports directly to the CEO and works alongside the senior leadership team at PathAI. The CCO will hold primary responsibility for leading the strategy, development, execution and support of commercialization programs for PathAI's clinical products, which includes building relationships and partnerships with laboratories, hospitals, diagnostic companies, and payers.
The primary objective of the role is to provide commercial leadership to realize PathAI’s vision of advancing medicine through the development and distribution of AI-powered technology for more accurate, standardized and predictive diagnostics.
The CCO will work closely with PathAI’s regulatory, scientific, and technology teams to shape company go-to-market and commercial strategy and partner on execution. The executive will have high visibility across the organization, including frequent interactions with PathAI leadership and Board.
- Lead go-to-market and global commercialization efforts for PathAI’s clinical products, including marketing, reimbursement, and partnerships with laboratories, hospitals, and diagnostics companies
- Lead PathAI interactions with payers and design and execution of reimbursement strategies
- Partner with Business Development to provide market and commercial expertise to support partnerships with Pharma companies to co-develop and commercialize CDx tests
- Partner with the Head of Regulatory Affairs to ensure regulatory and reimbursement strategies are well aligned
- Partner with the Head of Product to support product portfolio and strategic roadmap
- Partner with the Head of Machine Learning to support machine learning platform strategic roadmap, including prioritization of platform features to support effective global commercialization
- Build a world-class commercial team
Specific qualifications include:
- Ten or more years of biopharmaceutical industry, laboratory or diagnostics-related business experience
- Experience defining commercial strategy and growing a commercial team for the global commercialization of a diagnostics-related product
- Experience leading partnerships to support global distribution
- In-depth knowledge of the market for commercialization of diagnostic technologies globally
- Able to build relationships with senior-level executives at health care organizations
- Commercial experience in diagnostics, CDx, and digital pathology is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strategic thinker who possesses strong business judgement and the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the commercial, development and regulatory levels
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics
- Strong moral compass
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.