PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
This person will work closely with PathAI’s scientific, regulatory, and technology teams to devise the company’s biopharma commercial strategies and partner on their execution. This role will have high visibility across the entire PathAI organization, including frequent interactions with PathAI Board members.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and regularly update business development priorities to drive value across biopharma partners’ therapeutic portfolios and implement PathAI’s strategy.
- Manage overall pipeline of existing and new client opportunities, regularly prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) to allocate team members against highest-value opportunities for both short and long term, regularly tracking progress & key metrics, and identifying and resolving potential challenges.
- Lead all business development activities with our biopharma partners, including initial outreach, marketing, product demonstrations, scientific discussions facilitation, partnership structuring, and deal negotiations, to build trust-based relationships.
- Collaborate with, and establish cross-functional operating mechanisms comprised of, relevant PathAI colleagues from scientific, technology, product, legal and finance teams in business development efforts.
- Inform pipeline of potential new product solutions in transactional research and clinical trial services to meet the growing needs of our Biopharma partners.
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of discovery and development programs in relevant therapeutic areas and proactively identify gaps at potential Biopharma partners where PathAI could advance their drug development and accelerate approvals.
- Lead negotiations of term sheets through to execution of contracts for new collaborations, products, pricing and/or other financial arrangements with our Biopharma partners.
- Collaborate with scientific teams to monitor and ensure client satisfaction, promote an impactful exchange of scientific information and identify further areas of collaboration opportunities and regularly develop those opportunities.
- Ensure delivery of consistent & relevant messages to clients with core set of marketing materials-- as well as library of client- targeted materials with relevant publication findings and tailored material to support the client’s drug development pipeline.
- Build a world-class Business Development team, leading, coaching and mentoring individuals to high performance and professional development.
What you’ll need:
The successful candidate will have deep business experience driving high-value partnerships and collaborations within the biopharma industry and the broader healthcare sector, producing a strong track record of commercial success, and an understanding of the drug development process and key scientific insights.
Specific qualifications include:
- Ten or more years of biopharma industry, laboratory or other healthcare industry-related business experience.
- Strong network of existing relationships with leaders in the biopharma industry, and the personal credibility and skills to quickly build new relationships with senior leaders
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process especially as related to pathology, translational medicine, clinical trials and companion diagnostics, and an understanding of clinical programs in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Strategic thinker who possesses business judgement, the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the commercial, development and regulatory levels, and the discipline to act accordingly.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with a growth mindset-- and a willingness to play the wide range of roles required for an early-stage growing company
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership of high-performing teams, building, coaching and managing teams in a dynamic environment to create alignment and followership.
- Solid moral compass, empathy for others and commitment to excellence.
- Track record of successfully assessing new business opportunities, establishing large scale partnerships and hitting commercial targets.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.