Business Systems Analyst at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Business Systems Analyst, will lead efforts to enhance, monitor, and manage alignment of Salesforce with other systems and produce accurate reporting and related data analysis. They will be comfortable collaborating with business leaders to understand organizational pain points, in order to build out reports and dashboards that will provide insights for data based decision making. With technical skills to complement their analytical experience, they will solve business problems, collaborate across teams, and be passionate about data and having an impact on their Team.
- Support Salesforce business managers with development of Salesforce requirements, the Agile release process and training.
- Support Salesforce data quality efforts including cross system reconciliation, record merges and general clean up.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the BI team, our data warehouses, tools and resources in the UDP
- Become acquainted with team processes and best practices
- Understand existing documentation
- Become proficient using Looker and other supporting tools within the BI function (Snowflake, Git, Jira etc.)
- Assume ownership of relevant business’ existing reports and tools
- Understand the existing system of reports and operational tools, including where gaps exist
- Simulate ownership of relevant LookML models
- Utilize reports to provide regular metric updates to the relevant business
- Become familiar with Indigo’s Salesforce CRM and custom software platforms to be able to generate accurate on-demand reports and dashboards for business users.
- Augment current development processes through applying your own experiences to help form documentation for the team going forward.
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to decipher/determine highest priority, most impactful data outcomes
- Passion for concise and thorough documentation
- Ability to create and communicate findings from data-focused analyses with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation from a variety of sources
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business teams to ensure proper data collection for robust reporting
- Highly flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, creative
- Understand and manipulate data in order to create useful visualizations with actionable insights
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience data modeling, BI dashboard design, or analytics experience
- 3+ year business experience in sales or business operations type of roles
- Experience translating functional requirements into easy-to-use, flexible reporting solutions and dashboards
- Advanced SQL proficiency (any dialect)
- Extensive experience with data modeling and warehouse architecture
- Experience using Looker or other visualization tool (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, Google Studio) to build reports and dashboards
- Individual contributor with experience leading projects or as a project lead
- Broad industry experience preferred (data science, tech, life sciences, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth environment
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.