At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Business Information Security Officer to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal BISO candidate is a trusted advisor to the line of business. You'll use your skills to understand strategic goals and embed information risk management practices into the culture of this line of business.
Objectives of this role
The Business Information Security Officer (BISO) acts on behalf of the Head of Enterprise Information Risk Management (EIRM) for a specific portfolio within MassMutual.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Provide state-of-the-art technical expertise Manage key stakeholder relationship management for designated business leaders and review all monthly stakeholder reports
- Create and document the top cyber risks for each business portfolio and critical issues to be served up for decisions during monthly stakeholder meetings
- Proactively identify opportunities for stakeholder escalation to ensure top issues/decisions are addressed with stakeholders
- Operate as a member of the stakeholder’s leadership team focused on cyber security risk management techniques and tactics to help each leader improve their effectiveness
- Identify and manage risk management initiatives specific to the portfolio to ensure positive results
- Ensure the selected KPIs are curated for each business monthly stakeholder report effectively enabling business stakeholders to have the facts on cyber risk management programs
- Provides the stakeholder leadership team with cyber risk management expertise, techniques and tools to effectively manage cyber risk management for the stakeholder (leader)
- The BISO acts as a trusted advisor for the stakeholder and the stakeholder leadership team
- Works collaboratively with stakeholder resources and follows the norms for work style and collaboration for the stakeholder
- Consistently works alignment of cyber security risks, programs and projects to manage that risk effectively and provides KPI data to multiple levels within the stakeholder organization on a monthly basis
- 10 years of experience in information security and/or IT leadership
- Expertise in IT management practices and experience as an IT leader
- Demonstrated track record of influencing senior executives on IT and risk management issues/concerns
- Demonstrated understanding of key business processes and stakeholders for the enterprise
- Outstanding communication skills including the use of concise language with business leaders in both oral and written form (concise language)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 12 years of experience in information security and/or IT leadership preferred
- A bachelor’s degree
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a collaborative team