Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for a Billing Operations Representative to support processes related to Toast’s daily billing functions. The position will play an integral role in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. You will join a dynamic team, and help define crucial processes that allow us to bill our customers accurately, efficiently and effectively. We are a collaborative team that takes our work seriously and has fun doing it.
The success of the Billing Operations team directly impacts the revenue streams of the company. As such, this role is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career defining opportunity.
About this roll*
The Billing Operations Representative will be responsible for executing daily billing operations related to both our financing products and standard billing procedures. This is a challenging hybrid role that requires cross-functional knowledge between the Billing team’s financing and daily process tasks. The candidate will be expected to adapt to the needs of each Billing subsection, and will be given the opportunity to develop this role into specialization as the team grows. This role will involve significant interaction with numerous internal partners including; Sales, Accounting, Customer Financing, Customer Success, Business Systems, etc.
This is an important role at Toast, and will provide a great opportunity to take on plenty of responsibility. It will require investigation of customer orders, building a deep understanding of our systems, and finding resolutions that are customer-friendly while being financially responsible for Toast. The ideal candidate must be passionate about serving and helping our customers, and this team will have an opportunity to make a tremendous positive impact for both customers and our internal teams. They must also be able to work cross-functionally with internal partners.
- Accurately prepare, post, and deliver customer deposits, invoices, credit memos, and refunds.
- Record funding from third party lenders onto customer accounts.
- Work cross functionally with Customer Finance and Accounting teams to ensure the proper billing process is followed for customers.
- Consistently meet strict deadlines related to month-end close.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the billing process.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence prioritizing and making time sensitive decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and strong sense of urgency
- Relentless, goal-oriented problem-solver
- Prior experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and/or other CRM and ERP tool is a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.