Associate Tech Support Engineer at Vestmark, Inc.
As an Associate Technical Engineer on our production support trading team, you will be responsible for all aspects of production and technical support for clients using our Wealth Management solutions platform, VestmarkONE. This hands-on position requires significant client contact and coordination with internal operations and technology teams to service new and existing clients. The Technical Engineer will analyze, research, and resolve customer support cases and internal alerts to provide a high level of client satisfaction.
- Partner with Vestmark’s trading clients to provide timely guidance or technical solutions in a time sensitive environment.
- Troubleshoot client questions and issues related (but not limited) to; order generation, order and allocation transmission, order management, model management, product questions, and configuration settings.
- Respond to internal alert monitoring, and proactively notify clients of issues and steps to resolve the issue.
- Use business and technical process to proactively manage and conduct analysis, research, and resolution of customer support cases.
- Ongoing contributions to the production support procedure repository by developing and refining production support procedures, which contribute to overall team efficiencies.
- Contribute to the cross training and onboarding of newer team members, rotation team members and/or interns and coops.
- Answer inbound support calls and triage support inquiries; escalate to team lead if case is outside area of understanding.
- Proactively manage case communication and resolution activities associated with assigned cases, ensuring all activity is accurately described and described with a reasonable amount of detail.
- Collaborate within the organization to provide optimal workflows and solutions for client use cases and issues.
- Participate in special projects related to client issues, sponsor changes or issues that may impact multiple clients.
- Participate in client meetings as needed.
Required Experience and Skills
- BA or BS degree (BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent is a plus).
- Understanding of the Financial Services/Wealth Management Industry and Investments (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle/Back Office Operations).
- Knowledge, understanding and/or interest of enterprise software implementation lifecycle and aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture.
- Ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who can display good judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a complex fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service mentality and skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to handle problem situations quickly, inventively, and resourcefully.
- Experience/Knowledge of investment systems (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle/Back Office Operations).
- Experience with/understanding of FIX
- Project management skills including:
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Ability to identify, escalate, and manage project issues
- Willingness to work extended hours on an as-needed basis
- Knowledge, understanding and/or interest of enterprise software implementation life-cycle and aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture is a plus.
- SQL experience or exposure is a plus
- Familiarity/experience with Splunk
- The most successful people in this position possess the following traits: intelligent, technical aptitude, collaborative, proactive, engaging, resourceful, personable, flexible.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.