Corvus is looking for an Assistant Vice President of Cyber & Tech E&O Underwriting to help us expand and support our growing book of Cyber and Technology Errors and Omissions business. A successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and broker relationships and be excited to revolutionize commercial insurance for brokers and policyholders.
As an AVP at Corvus you will leverage our technology platform in your day-to-day role to work more efficiently and ultimately, become more productive. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s tired of the status quo and wants to work in a more dynamic and innovative insurance environment where they can really shine!
- Underwriting, producing, and binding Cyber and Tech E&O business within Corvus’ underwriting appetite
- Achieving premium production and sales goals while building a profitable book of cyber business
- Handling a large volume of new business submissions and responding promptly to broker requests
- Managing a team of Underwriters and Sr. Underwriters
- A successful candidate will be extremely comfortable with technology and have a strong desire to join a growing team of professionals that is committed to improving P&C commercial insurance for brokers and policyholders
- Negotiating with brokers to close deals and following up outstanding quotes
- Creating a sales and marketing plan with the senior leadership team and identifying opportunities to improve renewal efficiency
- Working collaboratively in a team environment with underwriters, underwriting assistants and the Corvus management team
- Ensuring high quality service standards and compliance with all underwriting guidelines
- Acting as a representative of the company by attending external company functions, industry conferences, and other industry events
- At least 5 years of Cyber and Technology E&O underwriting experience
- Proven experience leading a team of underwriters, and underwriting assistants
- Comfortable developing and coaching a team
- Underwriting experience with Excess & Surplus lines of business
- Deliver excellent customer services by responding promptly to broker queries
- Strong broker relationships nationally, particularly with wholesale brokerages and large retail brokerages
- Adhere to company policies and practices; If they don't work, suggest an alternative
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can soar. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or [email protected]
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!