Application Support Engineer at MineralTree
MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
As an Application Support Engineer at MineralTree you will have the opportunity to provide technical guidance internally in this newly created role due to growth. In this dynamic position you will have the opportunity to wear many hats. Attention to technical detail is as important as being personable with your internal customers. On any given day job responsibilities can range from internal high level technical support activities, ad-hoc operations support, data analysis, process and procedure documentation and project coordination.
- Provide knowledge to internal teams of operating systems, applications and software
- Become a power user of the MineralTree Platform
- Provide technical support to teams within the organization, and to external clients when required
- Assist with systems integrations
- Manage ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date
- Identify and resolve technical issues as they arise and ability to reproduce problems reported
- Manage coordination of Technical Support, Product Management and Engineering teams where required
- Deliver training to multiple teams within the business as needed
- Develop reports for teams across the business
- Serve as the single point of contact for escalated issues
- Respond to issues / tickets based on priority from management
- Work with end users (internal and external) to address or resolve access and usage issues
- Provide troubleshooting of application issues, feature usage and viable workarounds
- Create documentation around help guides, training material, SOPs, troubleshooting documentation and tips/tricks
- Work with product managers to discuss bugs and enhancements
- Keep up-to-date on new updates, new features, next releases and product roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with MySQL database, REST API’s and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Python and/or Java a plus!
- Zendesk and/or Jira experience also a plus!
- Experience diagnosing issues via log analysis
- Experience supporting external applications and in-house developed applications
- Prior experience working closely with Software Development, QA and Product Management teams
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting ERP integrations
- Good knowledge of debugging skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Desire to be extremely responsive when supporting others
- Excellent troubleshooting / root cause aptitude
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while being part of a growing dynamic team
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.