Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The Administrative Business Partner (i.e. Executive Assistant) will be exposed to a variety of tasks, people and exciting opportunities throughout the organization. This will be supporting our CTO & Co-founder directly. You should have proven experience managing complex schedules and thrive in an ever-changing, dynamic environment with quickly-shifting priorities. Curiosity, attention to detail and drive are all necessary traits for success in this role.
In this role you will:
- Provide highly integrated support for our CTO and engineering leadership team and help to optimize their teams and direct reports.
- Strategically calendar and make recommendations for our CTO with regard to their time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization.
- Serve as a conduit between the CTO, the larger team, and cross-functionally throughout the organization. Increase alignment and speed of execution by providing feedback and insights to both sides.
- Track, manage and complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach in order to facilitate the CTOs ability to focus on top priorities.
- Contribute to team meetings and offsites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items.
- Partner with CTO to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company goals/targets. Jump in to project manage as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization throughout team and company processes. Establish new—and improve existing—administrative systems and processes.
- Own and manage ad hoc projects, events and travel arrangements as needed.
- Help Manage the Engineering office
You might be a good fit if:
- You interact easily with all levels of staff from CEOs to investors in a fast-paced, changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- You are incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute.
- You are excellent with time management, and organizational skills, handling everything with a high-level of professionalism and confidentiality. You are able to quickly shift tasks and priorities as needed.
- You communicate, perform, and react well under pressure or ambiguity.
- You have strong project management experience with a track record of driving things to completion.
- You enjoy optimizing processes to make them more efficient.
- You are adept at handling sensitive information and situations with care and confidence.
- You have emotional intelligence and an ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
- You are able to anticipate and respond to the needs of others before they arise.
- You would describe yourself as meticulous, patient, hardworking, reliable, tenacious, and a self-starter.
- You have an extreme growth mindset, driven by intense curiosity.
- You are accessible to work outside of regular business hours.
- You are passionate about technology, love to learn new tools and seek to apply them to problems in new and creative ways
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description