SmartBear is searching for a dynamic, high energy and results driven VP of Product Marketing to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and leading the Product Marketing team, this individual will collaborate with senior leadership to develop an innovative product marketing practice.
This highly visible role will promote the SmartBear story to external audiences and our go-to-market teams. They will work with the Product Marketing team to develop compelling product positioning and messaging programs, go to market strategy and execution, sales enablement, and thought leadership. They will work closely with demand generation, corporate marketing, sales, product management, executives, and others in the company on solution messaging, product strategy & positioning. The ideal candidate will have experience in the DevOps space and be a proven successful leader in Product Marketing.
It’s an exciting time to be a SmartBear. We are the market leader in technology for Software Test Automation and have fast growing products across the DevOps lifecycle. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building tools for teams to plan, build, test and monitor software—and having fun along the way. SmartBear offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning SmartBear team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.
- Create inspired multi-level/multi-product messaging across the product portfolio
- Develop portfolio messaging to aid in solution / multi-product positioning and selling
- Communicate the value proposition of the products with the go-to-market teams and develop tools that support the selling process of the company’s products
- Develop product positioning and messaging that elevates the company’s products in the market
- Identify key market trends
- Focus on competition and how to effectively position against them
- Act as a spokesperson for product-related communications
- Work across the range of marketing assets and mediums
- Plan the launches of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation
- Lead the product marketing team to deliver a range of marketing assets including: Whitepapers, Product Collateral, Web copy, Sales tools, Product rollout plans and launch plans, Event materials, Promotional materials for demand-gen, Evangelism at industry trade events and seminars
- Develop and grow the best in class Product Marketing team
- Creative, out of the box thinker and credible storyteller
- 15+ years of product marketing and marketing experience, a BS/BA or other advanced degrees. MBA highly desirable
- Deep knowledge and experience in developing marketing content
- Proven history of having delivered materials, messaging and content for sales enablement
- Successful expert who has created and executed product marketing strategies managed budgets and led the hands-on execution
- Strong, persuasive speaking skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Clear, strong precise writing skills along with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology messages into insightful sales value drivers
- Understanding of the SDLC and DevOps
- Excellent management skills with the ability to extract high performance from a talented team
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor; personally successful
- Data and quality obsessed but in a good way
- Committed to integrity
- Action-oriented, positive self-starter who builds a highly motivational environment around themselves
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
· Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
· Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
· Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
· Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
· Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
· Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
· Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
· Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
· Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.