Vice President Marketing Strategy & Operations at Skillsoft
Vice President Marketing Strategy & Operations
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
In this newly created position, the Vice President of Marketing Strategy & Operations will ensure that marketing measurements drive performance and visibility across the global business. In conjunction with the Chief Marketing Officer, this individual will cultivate and build a team that understands the interconnectivity of marketing strategy, execution and measurement to achieve results. This individual will be a strategic marketing leader with an execution oriented, results driven mindset. This leader will challenge the current way of thinking and working, creating a best in class, data driven and innovative team supporting operational excellence across all marketing functions.
- Build and create a Marketing Operations function that drives performance and visibility (i.e. Processes, metrics & analytics, marketing automation technology, lead scoring, campaign execution and tracking, budget to pipeline and revenue, database health, etc.).
- Define key marketing metrics and manage the process of building reports and dashboards that give full visibility on the overall marketing performance to CMO & Customer Market Leaders on weekly/monthly basis.
- Establish the annual marketing planning and budgeting process, ensuring marketing's goals are aligned with Skillsoft's overall strategy.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the health of marketing contribution to pipeline, ROI, and customer acquisition costs.
- In partnership with our Data and Analytics as well as Business Applications teams, lead data strategy development and infrastructure deployment, including technology ownership and marketing process governance.
- Set strategy, routinely re-evaluate assumptions, data and processes, and proactively identify new opportunities to excel or differentiate. Craft detailed and actionable recommendations.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales stakeholders to ensure that marketing automation and CRM processes facilitate insights and end-to-end visibility.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of global marketing strategy & operations leadership experience needed, SaaS experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of building and developing high-performing teams.
- Advanced expertise with marketing automation systems.
- Experience in a role requiring rigorous analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and complex stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment, ensuring high quality deliverables and attention to detail.
- High emotional IQ and ability to think quickly on your feet.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner's Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.