Vice President of Communication & Public Relations at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As the Vice President of Communications & Public Relations you will be responsible for building the strategy, team and program that drives our Strategic, Executive, and Corporate Communications as well as Media Relations, Influencer Relations, and Awareness Activations. You will manage all Toast’s Communications and PR efforts - across internal and external teams. You will be responsible for driving earned media, unaided awareness and building our brand identity. You will do this by building Toast into a leader and champion of the restaurant industry and as one of the most innovative brands in tech.
Creative and results oriented, you will work at all levels of the organization and frequently engage Toast’s senior leadership. You are a perfect fit if you love storytelling, can drive alignment with ease, and create a vision for how industries can navigate challenges and scale.
About this roll*
- Own strategic communications by building Toast into the leader that is shaping the debate on the restaurant industry and creating narratives that resonate with restaurant owners, guests, media, investors and consumers.
- Scale executive communications by developing key members of Toast’s senior leadership into the spokespeople for the industry.
- Scale Toast’s earned media by building strong relationships with top tier media and influencers that drives an outsized share of coverage for Toast on the restaurant and technology landscape.
- Own corporate communications strategy surrounding major announcements, including: major funding moments, product launches, and awards and speaking opportunities.
- Refine and scale Toast’s crisis communications programs to ensure we are prepared to tackle any unforeseen challenges in the future.
- Work across Marketing to build awareness and buzz programs that scale unaided awareness; partner with Demand Generation and Product Marketing as a critical channel on key campaigns.
- Manage, motivate and provide the roadmap for Toast’s Communications & Public Relations team and supporting agencies.
- Responsible for team KPIs that impact brand awareness; driving greater clarity on measurement strategy and reporting process.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 15+ years experience.
- World class experience in helping high growth companies navigate private and public markets.
- Excellent media network.
- Strong executive presence and voice.
- Strong written and verbal communication, a storyteller at heart.
- High energy professional who thrives in tackling new challenges and fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to drive alignment and collaboration across cross functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Experience hiring, mentoring and growing high performing teams.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required