DataRobot automates, trains, and evaluates predictive models, delivering more accurate predictions for the fastest path to data science success. We are a hard-working, friendly, casual environment with a passion for data science (and technology in general) and we have an opening for an enthusiastic and maniacally detail-driven Technical Writer.
The DataRobot documentation team serves two masters--we play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand. We are also the internal go-to resource for the latest information on the DataRobot application. In short, we create world-class documentation to increase prospect conversion, customer adoption, and self-paced education.
The ideal candidate has technical chops, demonstrably strong communication and writing skills, and can effectively interact with other writers, software developers, data scientists, product managers, and project leads. You must be equally comfortable arguing the Oxford comma (include, of course), UI consistency, and confusion matrices. We are looking for writers with experience making complex ideas understandable and are open to candidates with a background in software engineering, technical writing, or the world of teaching, curriculum development, or scientific publication.
Sound interesting? If you are an excellent writer who never misses a deadline, prides yourself on flexibility and a sense of humor, and can’t imagine NOT working in a start-up environment, read on.
- Produce high-quality documentation for web-based applications and APIs
- Publish weekly Release Notes for our Cloud-delivered software for delivery to a broad group of internal and external partners
- Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, and knowledge base content
- Help define and organize the DataRobot documentation offerings
- Understand very technical customer workflows and author documentation on advanced topics
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation
- Represent documentation requirements, timelines, and planning needs to engineering teams
- Contribute to doc standards, including participating in peer editing
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy
- Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in technical documentation or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with source control systems and workflow tools--Git, JIRA/Confluence
- Strong attention to detail
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Experience with machine learning, data science, APIs
- Experience with localization workflows
- Experience with Agile methodology
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.