Sr. Product Marketing Manager, SMS at Klaviyo (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group even diverser and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 75,000 of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
We want someone who will help us shape the future of our product, market, and business as a Senior Product Marketing Manager for SMS. This critical role will be instrumental to the success of our just-launched SMS business, which is already growing rapidly and has massive growth ahead to unlock.
If you want the opportunity to shape the business that helps entrepreneurs and marketers all over the world grow and fulfil their dreams, this job is for you.
How You Will Make a Difference
- You’ll shape the go-to-market strategy — and lead its execution — for SMS, Klaviyo’s newest product line. You’ll be part of a team of 3 that serves as the marketing ‘GM’ (general manager) for the SMS business
- You will oversee the messaging and positioning for SMS as well as integrated marketing campaigns that help us land that positioning in the market
- You’ll partner closely with:
- The product team, to shape the roadmap and launch new features/international markets
- The sales team, owning the strategy for (and execution of) sales enablement assets and competitive insights, and providing support on large deals
- The partnerships and ecosystem marketing teams, identifying ways to leverage our strong network of partners to amplify SMS awareness and acquisition
- The customer success team, on initiatives to help our customers get up and running with SMS and find as much success as possible
- Our other marketing teams, to develop thought leadership content and customer case studies, support acquisition and awareness campaigns, and uncover insights through research
Who You Are
- An experienced product marketer with tons of experience creating messaging and positioning, developing go-to-market strategies, and leading product launches of all sizes (with a playbook that you can execute in your sleep); even better if you’ve worked on launching new products internationally
- Strategic and adaptable, able to prioritize effectively among many competing high-impact opportunities
- A storyteller, whose exceptional internal and external communications inspire people and compel them to join your cause
- A confident and collaborative teammate who enjoys working closely with other marketing teams, product teams, sales teams, and customer success teams
- A deeply empathetic person, who always starts with our customer and works backwards
- Scrappy and curious, always questioning the standard way of doing things and finding ways to do it better
- A driven achiever who is exceptionally goal-oriented, steady, and uncompromising on quality; who can juggle several ongoing projects with multiple stakeholders while staying organized and calm
- A mentor, who can advise and eventually manage more junior product marketers
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the Director of Product Marketing for SMS
- You’ll work cross-functionally with senior leaders and teammates across every team in the company
- You’ll become a trusted spokesperson in the Klaviyo and ecommerce community
- You’ll be a source of truth on our SMS product and why it matters to our customers, and will teach all Klaviyos about the SMS space
- You’ll solidify your expertise in strategic product marketing for a successful hypergrowth startup
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.