Sr. Product Marketing Manager, SMB at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to inform product development and bring new products to market through customer segmentation, go-to-market strategy and operations, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. In this high-impact team, you will gain substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term customer and shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager for SMB Segments will be a high impact member of the SMB Segments team, with a broad mandate to drive research, strategic planning, and go-to-market activities that significantly increase Toast’s growth rate in key SMB customer segments. This individual will partner with leaders across R&D, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to develop a cross-functional strategy to hit Toast’s ambitious growth targets. This is a highly challenging and highly visible role that offers the opportunity to contribute to the formation of a new team and make a large impact on Toast’s long-term growth. The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in cross-functional alignment and leadership, customer segmentation research and analysis, strategic GTM planning, and senior executive communication, as well as a track record of high impact in a technology business and a “get stuff done” attitude.
About this roll*
- Partner across Marketing, R&D, Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to define our key SMB segment growth opportunities and develop a strategy to drive significantly faster growth
- Research and analyze key SMB customer segment needs and partner with R&D to develop product roadmap that delivers new customer value
- Establish annual segment growth targets and KPIs and partner with Marketing, Sales, and Finance to track, optimize, and hit segment GTM funnel targets
- Lead the GTM planning, messaging, positioning, and launch of new products, capabilities, and features targeted at key SMB customer segments
- Own reporting and executive communication on SMB segment initiatives with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 5+ years of combined experience in strategic planning and analysis (e.g., management consulting, financial analysis, market research, strategic planning, or similar field) and operating experience in a high-growth tech business (e.g., product marketing, product management, sales operations, or similar function)
- Demonstrated skill in hypothesis-based and data-driven strategic research, analysis, and planning for customer segmentation
- Proven ability to uncover and deeply understand the needs and desires of customer segments and translate those learnings into product and go-to-market strategies
- Track record of leading cross-functional teams to develop a strategic plan and achieve shared go-to-market objectives and sales targets
- Strong skill in developing content for and communicating with an executive-level audience to create alignment and buy-in on strategic proposals
- Experience launching new products/features and developing segment-targeted positioning and messaging for a multi-product technology platform
- Experience in B2B sales enablement
- Proficiency in Salesforce, SQL, and Looker
- Previous restaurant industry experience
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.