Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager, Cloud Health
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. CloudHealth by VMware provides multicloud management services related to visibility and cost management, governance, automation, security, and performance. Together we are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative dedication to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. We are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community
Are you a passionate story teller with experience in SaaS and public cloud? Would you like to drive a high-impact narrative establishing CloudHealth by VMware as the standard in multicloud management?CloudHealth by VMware is seeking a product marketing leader who can leverage their understanding of customer, market, and technology to prioritize and drive the right outbound and inbound thought leadership and advocacy strategies for CloudHealth. Our goal is to deliver a next generation multicloud management platform that unifies cost management, governance, automation, security, performance and brings new levels of insight for customers operating across cloud providers.
You will have keen understanding of our customers and market and will use this knowledge to prioritize and drive the right go-to-market efforts. An ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits customers care about is essential to your success. You should quickly gain a solid understanding of the user, influencers, buyers, and their decision criteria and how they relate to the technology and its core use cases. You will craft clear, current, and differentiated messaging and positioning, think and execute out of the box marketing tactics that drive mindshare gain, industry wide thought leadership and ultimately demand.
This is a senior role in the marketing organization and provides a rare opportunity to work in a startup-like environment with a tight team and grow an entirely new business for VMware. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead transformational change in some of our large enterprise customers in their journey in the cloud.
- Own and deliver compelling messaging and positioning, for the services, reinforcing our core messages and driving brand awareness of CloudHealth as a leading multicloud management platform
- Communicate the value proposition, across a spectrum spanning C-level executives to practitioners
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copies, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates this unique value proposition
- Lead and support launches, analyst and press interactions, events (industry, VMware and 3rd party)
- Support partner/market surveys and interviews to build expertise in the market, customers and competitive landscape
- Internally evangelize our narrative to promote our technologies and our solutions
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on service improvements and future service direction
- Help with product marketing activities including hiring, training etc.
- Spend up to 50% traveling
- Proven, tenured (10+ years) of SaaS product marketing for high-tech companies that target enterprise IT organizations
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with executive and technical audiences.
- Experience creating messaging for enterprise IT buyers
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management and extended partners
- Extraordinary analytical mindset, assembling and interpreting data, building executive consumable summaries and narratives that goad action
- Demonstrated experience in managing executive customer relationships and key business stakeholders
- Strong project & organization management skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Experience speaking in front of large internal, external and global audiences
- Have an understanding of infrastructure and operations departments, Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Bachelor’s in business, engineering or computer science (MBA a plus) – or related industry experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.