Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Customer Marketing team is responsible for driving advocacy, revenue, and retention from our restaurant customer base. In this role, you will lead the customer marketing strategy for Employee Cloud products, a suite of products within the Toast platform that allows customers to process payroll, hire and onboard employees, and more. You will drive the go-to-market upsell motion for Toast Payroll including building a playbook that drives leads and funnel acceleration and leading the team through high-impact product launches.
You will work with cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, Product, and Sales to operationalize the upsell motion for Employee Cloud products and develop and prioritize initiatives that maximize demand from our existing customer base. You will lead a small team to meet quarterly revenue targets through dedicated campaigns, in-product messaging, sales enablement, and more. This is a high-impact and cross-functional role that will drive long-term shareholder value.
About this roll*:
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing and Upsell Sales Teams to develop strategic plans that drive awareness and conversion of Toast Payroll from the existing Toast POS customer base, prioritizing and advocating for customer experience.
- Lead the go-to-customer motion for new products within the Employee Cloud suite including seeking buyer insights, strategizing pricing and packaging, and marketing to segments
- Interpret funnel data to identify gaps and opportunities to drive more lead volume and higher conversion
- Adopt a test-and-learn approach to uncover innovative and effective new tactics for driving demand
- Oversee and drive stakeholder awareness and adoption of the go-to-customer plan for Employee Cloud products
- Lead a small team to make an impact in Toast Payroll penetration within the customer base
Do you have the right ingredients*?:
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment- with proven ability to be both a leader and an individual contributor
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Ability to internalize data insights and company objectives to set priorities for the team
- Experience leading teams and influencing cross-functional working groups
- Strong copywriter and verbal communicator
- Experience in Salesforce and Business intelligence tools (such as Looker)
- Experience in the HR/Employee Payroll industry
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.